A Bit About Me
I was born and raised in Wichita Falls, TX, where I was heavily involved in many community activities, boards, and committees. I began my graphic design journey in high school working on the newspaper and yearbook. I knew at the age of 5 I wanted to work in graphic design and my mother told me I would spend hours looking at magazines to understand and admire the craft. After high school, I quickly showed my skillsets at the local newspaper in their creative services department. After 10 years there, I worked at a couple different advertising agencies honing my skills. I was noticed by a private company and they brought me in to be their Marketing Director. Learning media buying, vendor relations, and in-house marketing management. Once I was hired by the local Chamber of Commerce, my skill sets began to bloom as we elevated their brand, marketing, voice, and social media presence.
I started dabbling in art (again) around 2018 and that led to painting 5 life-size horse sculptures as well as a newfound love of face and body painting.
Now, I'm in South Texas, in the Gulf Coast region, looking to expand my passion to help other businesses thrive in marketing their brand and to bring a little magic to parties with face painting.
Jan 2023 - May 2023
THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ALLIANCE FOR BRAZORIA COUNTY- V.P. OF MARKETING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
• Recruited as the VP of Marketing & Economic Development charged with marketing the community through networks, conferences, and social media to attract new businesses to the area.
• Designed all marketing materials, print advertising, social media posts, and prepared impactful presentations.
• Managed and maintained the database of members and prospective members.
• Created monthly newsletters and orchestrated event promotions.
• Presided over social media marketing initiatives; spearheaded marketing campaigns to propel and promote The Alliance on outlets such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. This included photography, design, and strategic posting.
• Focused on community outreach activities developing a network within the community and creating partnerships to further the mission of The Alliance.
• Handled all event photography, quality-of-life photography, drone photography, and videography
• Web Management & SEO – Managed and maintained the existing website and optimized it for increased discoverability.
Oct 2018 - Dec 2022
WICHITA FALLS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - V.P. OF MARKETING
• Served as a Brand Manager by delivering a high level of brand integrity and strategically designing all internal and external documents.
• In charge of purchasing ads for print advertising or digital as a media buyer
• Presided over economic development marketing efforts, creating marketing collateral for events and site visits, and preparing Community Profile Magazine monthly and Relocation Guide Magazine 2023 & 2022
• Designed all logos, marketing materials, social media posts, and more. Created Annual Reports for 2020 & 2021
• Carried out all video/photography activities, event photography, headshots, drone videography, photography and postproduction of social media videos, and scriptwriting
• Designed and maintained a robust website with WordPress and Divi Builder.
• Designed and managed a branding campaign to boost memberships and awareness.
• Managed the vendors on numerous campaigns to reach goals and deadlines.
• Established and implemented a strategy to propel and promote The Wichita Falls Chamber’s social media on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok which included photography, design, and strategic posting.
• Recognized for growing their social media on Facebook: from 4,000 to 17,900, LinkedIn: from 61 to 1,430, and Instagram: from 650 to 2,345 within 4 years, organically, without paid ads
HEARING AID EXPRESS - MARKETING DIRECTOR (06/2015-10/2018)
• Media Buyer in charge of purchasing ads for 16 store locations across Texas which included Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Times Record News, and San Angelo Times; also purchased television spots in the same markets.
• Created and managed programmatic advertising, geo-fencing, Facebook advertising, and Google Ads
• Designed all logos, print advertising, marketing materials, social media posts, and more, as needed.
• Maintained WordPress website, blog writing, and search engine optimization (SEO).